If you love anything spicy, cheesy and bacon-y you will absolutely love my Bacon & Chicken Mozzarella Jalapeño Poppers! I’m not a big fan of cream cheese (except CHEESECAKE) so I decided to use mozzarella instead, string cheese actually because I had it in my refridgerator. These are easy to make and super delicious!! I paired mine with a baked potato smothered in cheddar and parmesan cheese and green onions for a quick dinner.
Ingredients:1 lb. chicken breast, flattened and cut into strips (I used a rolling pin to flatten)
- garlic salt & parsley flakes
- black pepper
- 6 jalapeños, cut off stem, slice down the middle on ONE side to open and remove seeds
- 12 slices of bacon
- 6 Mozzarella String Cheese, cut in half
- I don’t measure my spices so get creative!
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- season chicken strips
- place two pieces of string cheese inside of jalapeño
- wrap chicken tightly around jalapeño
- wrap bacon tightly around chicken, I used two slices of b
acon for each jalapeño
- place jalapeños inside a cupcake/muffin tin
- bake for 20-30 min or until bacon and chicken are cooked
- Eat and enjoy!!
These are super easy to make and bursting with flavor!!!
Pair these sliders a salad and a glass of wine for an easy, healthy and delicious dinner.
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 lb Ground Turkey (seasoned with garlic salt, parsley, black pepper)
- Bacon (optional but bacon makes everything taste better IMO)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Slice Eggplant into rounds (3-4 to 1 inch thick).
- Salt the eggplant for 30-40 mins to remove excess moisture and bitterness.
- Brush Eggplant with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt & parsley.
- Cook bacon.
- Slice Tomato.
- Slice half of the bell pepper & dice the other half.
- Add diced sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper & garlic to ground turkey.
- Form 3 to 4 inch mini patties and fry in bacon grease. (If you didn’t use bacon; fry in olive oil.)
- Cook eggplant on each side for 4-5 mins.
- Now pile spinach, turkey, bacon, tomato, bell pepper and feta in between two slices of eggplant and eat!!
These are also kid tested & approved!
P.S. I didn’t measure anything out so get creative and let me know how it turns out!!
To Salt Eggplant:
Add sliced eggplant into a bowl or shallow dish.
Sprinkle with salt and let stand for at least 30 mins.
Rinse eggplant and blot dry.