These are super easy to make and bursting with flavor!!!
Pair these sliders a salad and a glass of wine for an easy, healthy and delicious dinner.
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 lb Ground Turkey (seasoned with garlic salt, parsley, black pepper)
- Bacon (optional but bacon makes everything taste better IMO)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Slice Eggplant into rounds (3-4 to 1 inch thick).
- Salt the eggplant for 30-40 mins to remove excess moisture and bitterness.
- Brush Eggplant with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt & parsley.
- Cook bacon.
- Slice Tomato.
- Slice half of the bell pepper & dice the other half.
- Add diced sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper & garlic to ground turkey.
- Form 3 to 4 inch mini patties and fry in bacon grease. (If you didn’t use bacon; fry in olive oil.)
- Cook eggplant on each side for 4-5 mins.
- Now pile spinach, turkey, bacon, tomato, bell pepper and feta in between two slices of eggplant and eat!!
These are also kid tested & approved!
P.S. I didn’t measure anything out so get creative and let me know how it turns out!!
To Salt Eggplant:
Add sliced eggplant into a bowl or shallow dish.
Sprinkle with salt and let stand for at least 30 mins.
Rinse eggplant and blot dry.